Los Angeles Driving School has teamed up with Drivers Ed Direct,
the premiere driving school in Los Angeles, to help you meet
your California DMV Teen Training Requirement! Every driving lesson is taught by
a patient and qualified instructor who specializes in teaching driving skills in different environments,
including an intro to freeway driving. Basic and advanced courses are available - either way
its everything you need in the Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, Santa Clarita Valley, Conejo Valley and the Westside for getting your provisional drivers license and more!
There are a lot of driving schools in Los Angeles county and Ventura county that will try to meet your drivers
ed requirements, but beware that not every driving instruction company offering driver classes is licensed by the California Department of Motor Vehicles.
Rest assured that with Los Angeles Driving School, you get the security of knowing your driving lessons are
conducted by Drivers Ed Direct: a leading California DMV licensed driving school for Los Angeles County and more!
Driving Lessons Offered
2 Hour Level 1 Lesson
Level 1 is a great lesson for the true beginning driver. The lesson is designed to teach someone to drive who has never
operated a motor vehicle before. In most cases, level 1 is conducted in a residential neighborhood and focuses on
the following areas of driving:
- Performing a pre-drive safety inspection
- Introduction to the different controls and gauges within the car
- Introduction to accelerating, braking, and steering
- Making simple left turns and right turns
- Maintaining a safe lane position with respect to other cars and obstacles
- Performing traffic checks and using mirrors
- Curbside parking, reversing, and u-turn, 3-point, and 2-point turn maneuvers
2 Hour Level 2 Lesson
Level 2 starts with a review of level 1 concepts to make sure those areas have been mastered before moving into more complex driving situations.
After reviewing, the majority of time on level 2 is spent out on main surface streets with a focus on mastering:
- Left hand and right hand turns at complex intersections
- Making safe and effective lane changes
- Maintaining safe speeds, space cushions, and making traffic checks
- Parking in a parking lot and parking lot driving safety
- Parallel parking basics
- Performing legal U-turns in traffic
2 Hour Level 3 Lesson
Level 3 starts with a warm up, including a recap of items learned during Levels 1 and 2.
This review is followed my a simulated DMV drive test, focusing on reviewing and correcting
the core areas graded by the DMV test examiners, including:
- Discussion of automatic fails and critical driving errors
- General test expectations and layout
- Review of pre-drive test questions
- Performing a simulated test near your local DMV
Finally, an introduction to the freeway is conducted. This includes discussing freeway basics and merging onto the freeway and driving on the
freeway for a short distance.
2 Hour Level 4 Freeway Intensive Lesson
Level 4 allows our students to acquire more complex skills not required by the California Department of Motor Vehicles.
On this advanced freeway lesson, freeway driving concepts are thoroughly discussed and practice, with a focus on:
- Making safe lane changes at high speeds
- Merging onto the freeway safely
- Defensive driving strategies and obstacle avoidance
- Performing freeway interchanges on major freeways
- Operating the cruise control
2 Hour Level 5 Canyon Roads Lesson
Level 5 concentrates primarily on navigating both busy and rural canyon roads. In addition, level 5 also devotes time to discussing evasive maneuvers. Areas covered include:
- How to handle multi-lane, heavy traffic winding roads
- How to drive on small, very curvy rural canyon roads
- Defensive driving and hazard avoidance
- Evasive maneuvers for tire blowouts, hydroplaning, icy roads, and spin outs.
||DMV Test Preparation Lesson
We call the DMV and schedule your test appointment, pick you up at your home, and spend about an hour warming you up with some practice.
Then we take you to the DMV and you use our car to take the DMV drive test to get your license!
||DMV Refresher Driving Lesson
This is the lesson that will best prepare you to pass your DMV driving test.
We will practice all of the driving tasks that will be graded by the DMV, on roads similar to DMV test roads.
From pre-drive questions, simulating tests, and discussing the automatic failures, this lesson has all you need to be ready for test day!
||Add 2-Hour Driving Lesson
We allow you to customize the quantity and type of lessons you'd like to take.
Want more work on the freeway? Or maybe you just need to brush up your driving skills on the main streets. Either way, our custom driving lessons allow you to focus on the areas right for you!
Looking for a great driving school in your area? Chances are Los Angeles Driving School offers professional driving services in your areas. Looking for Hollywood drivers training or a Beverly Hills driving school? Not a problem, we service your area, along with
Brentwood, West LA, and Santa Monica. Live in the Valley? Great! We've got both Conejo Valley drivers ed and San Fernando drivers education. Or maybe you're living in Valencia, Santa Clarita,
or Castaic? We've got you covered. In fact, if you live in the Los Angeles area, there's a good chance we can provide you with the best driving school services you can find.
New: We now offer full service Mar Vista Driving School services.